TICKETS ARE NO LO NGER AVAILABLE AS THE TICKET ALLOTMENT FOR THIS EVENT HAS BEEN EXHAUSTED. Follow these Rock Hall 2012 Induction Week media partners for additional ticket opportunities: 93.1 FM WZAK, Call and Post Newspaper, Cleveland.com, WEWS NewsChannel 5 and 107.3 The Wave.
The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum will honor Kirk Franklin in a tribute to rock’s gospel roots. Franklin will perform and various artists including Fred Hammond, Donnie McClurkin and church ensembles from across Cleveland will honor him through music. Special guest Daymond John will emcee. This event is free but a general admission ticket is necessary.
About Kirk Franklin::: Kirk Franklin’s 1993 debut album, Kirk Franklin and the Family, was the first gospel album in history to sell more than one million records. To date, the contemporary gospel artist has won seven GRAMMY® Awards, an American Music Award, 35 Stellar Awards, 12 Dove Awards (CCM), five NAACP Awards, two BET Music Awards, a Soul Train Award and more. Franklin is also the host and co-executive producer of the BET original series, Sunday Best, the network's first gospel talent competition.
And yet, with all of his success and acclaim, Kirk Franklin remains a man who comes from shaky circumstances that could have paralyzed his spiritual growth within his humble familial beginnings. He is never far from that frightened and forlorn young man who didn't always know which way to turn, which is what makes Franklin on of the most relatable and respected messengers in his field. It is in that humble spirit that he presented his 12th album, Hello Fear, in 2011.
The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction 2012 Schedule of Events includes:
· 60th Anniversary Celebration of Moondog Coronation Ball presented by Majic 105.7
· Bootsy Collins and the Funk Unity Band at the Beachland Ballroom
· Girl Talk presented by the Rock Hall and Grog Shop
· Free Rock My Soul: A Gospel Music Celebration Honoring Kirk Franklin
· Grateful Dead: The Long, Strange Trip exhibit
· Free Concert for Cleveland
· Free Admission Day at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum
· Rock and Roll Hall of Fame 27th annual Induction Ceremony and Simulcast
· PLUS the grand opening of the Rock Hall's Library & Archives