Development Coordinator - Job No. 1306
The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum is currently considering applicants for the position of Development Coordinator. The Development Coordinator reports to the Vice President of Development and is responsible for providing administrative support for the Vice President of Development and assisting with Board relations.
1. Provides support to the Division VP and Development Department requiring confidentiality, initiative and independent judgment.
- Provides administrative support to the VP of Development, board members and Development team.
- Maintains calendar for VP of Development, regularly prioritizing and arranging meetings, conferences and appointments. Provides daily calendar of events.
- Prepares expense reports and arranges necessary travel reservations and itineraries; anticipates and prepares background material for VP of Development.
- Provides special handling to VIPs, donors, board members and Rock Hall members for special events and concerts.
- Assists in the planning and execution of department initiated fundraising and cultivation events and projects including invitation lists and ticket sales.
- Works closely with the Director of Development Operations, other Development team members and other Museum staff.
2. Coordinates communication between Museum and board members.
- Assists with quarterly board activities including annual board retreat – planning, implementation, execution and follow up.
- Develops board mailings and serves as primary conduit for email communication.
- Plans and executes selected board committee meetings, manages correspondence and records minutes as appropriate.
- Informs board members of Museum events, and accepts RSVP’s for events.'
- Maintains contact information of board members and updates board member directory as needed.
3. Maintains and updates board, donor and membership data in Raiser’s Edge.
- Enters board, donor and member data consistent with Rock Hall policies and procedures.
- Assists with verification and tracking of data entry to ensure accuracy of information.
- Creates invoices, pledge reminder acknowledgements and reports from Raiser’s Edge as needed.
Duties include but may not be limited to the above.
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school graduate and equivalent professional experience. Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred.
- A minimum of two (2) to three (3) years experience, preferably in a cultural arts environment.
- Prior development and membership experience helpful.
- Experience communicating with other not-for-profit institutions and the local and regional corporate community is helpful.
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and use sound judgment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to deal effectively with members and donors.
- Working knowledge of Raiser’s Edge fundraising software.
- Ability to successfully pass a Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum reference check, background investigation, and drug screen.
- Computer Literate: Microsoft Products with strength in MS Excel and MS Powerpoint; Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge
- Ability to get along with other people.
Ability to work at least 40 hours per week; any shift as assigned, including evenings, weekends and holidays. Ability to work overtime hours as workload demands. Hours are primarily 8:30 am – 5:30 pm Monday through Friday.
STARTING SALARY: Commensurate with experience. (Full-Time/Non-Exempt)
For consideration send resume and cover letter detailing your qualifications along with salary history to:
Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum
1100 Rock and Roll Boulevard
Cleveland, OH 44114-1022
Attn: Human Resources – Development Coordinator
or e-mail at email@example.com or fax to: (216) 515-1998.
The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum is an equal opportunity employer and Drug Free Workplace.