The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum is currently considering applicants for the position of Accounts Payable/Payroll Coordinator. The Accounts Payable/Payroll Coordinator reports to the Accounting Manager and is responsible for performing all duties associated with the accounts payable function, the accurate and timely processing of payroll for non-exempt staff; preparation of standard journal entries as part of the monthly close process; and reconciliation of certain accounts. The AP/Payroll Coordinator oversees the Accounts Payable Assistant as it related to the processing of payables.
1. Performs all activities in the accounts payable function to ensure timely payment of vendor invoices, check requests and employee reimbursements.
• Sets up vendors in Accounts Payable system based on invoice and W-9 required from each payee.
• Reviews and compares invoices to approved purchase orders (if applicable), codes activity to proper account/department/project, enters invoice data into payables system, and submits invoices to department heads for approval.
• Prepares invoice payment register for Sr. Director of Finance’s use in selecting vendors for payment. Processes bi-weekly check run, submits checks to Sr. Director of Finance and Executive Vice President & CFO for signature, and mails/distributes signed checks.
• Maintains information concerning MBE (minority-owned business enterprises) and FBE (female-owned business enterprises). Generates MBE/FBE reports upon request for Executive Vice President & CFO.
• Processes check requests and expense reimbursement reports in accordance with Museum policies.
• Prepares file to send to bank for Positive Pay verification after each check run.
• Maintains check copies and paid invoice files in accordance with Museum’s
• Document Retention Policy.
• Investigates payment issues, follows-up with vendors and staff on both open and paid invoices.
2. Prepares, processes and reviews bi-weekly payroll for non-exempt employees.
• Processes and maintains reports from Kronos
• Distributes payroll data for approval and updates weekly Kronos reports
• Enters hours worked and relevant payment data into ADP payroll system
• Submits payroll data to ADP in accordance with processing calendar
• Verifies pre-check file for accuracy and approves processing of payroll
• Receives payroll checks and reports from ADP
• Reconciles the completed payroll output against the payroll input
• Distributes paychecks
• Prepares check requests for payment of voluntary and/or mandatory deductions.
3. Assists in monthly close process.
• Prepares and enters general journal entries to record: postage, insurance expense, house account expense, compensation related expense and liabilities for the non- exempt payroll, the monthly expiration of prepaid assets, etc.
• Reclassifies/adjusts transactions that have been recorded incorrectly.
• Reconciles various balance sheet activity including prepaid assets and trade payables for multiple funds.
4. Assists in gathering data and preparing schedules for year-end external audit.
• Assembles selected invoices and runs various accounts payable reports as requested by external auditors.
• Assures that assigned accounts (e.g. trade payables, prepaid assets) are reconciled and support year-end general ledger balances.
5. Assists Senior Director of Finance and Accounting Manager in preparing various analyses and in completing various projects.
Duties include but may not be limited to the above.
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Finance required.
• Four (4) years professional level accounting experience including, areas of general accounting, payables, and payroll required.
• Possess a working knowledge of payroll-related requirements and regulations.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality in all assignments.
• Ability to organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines
• High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
• Ability to successfully pass a Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum reference check and background investigation and drug screening.
• Computer Literate: Microsoft Products; Excel; Database Management System.
• Ability to get along with other people and regularly communicate status of assignments.
Ability to work up to 40 hours per week; any shift as assigned, including evenings, weekends and holidays. Ability to work additional hours as workload demands. Hours are primarily 8:30 am – 5:30 pm Monday through Friday.
For consideration send resume and cover letter detailing your qualifications along with salary history to:
Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum
1100 Rock and Roll Boulevard
Cleveland, OH 44114-1022
Attn: Human Resources – Accounts Payable/Payroll Coordinator - 1302
or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to: (216) 515-1998.
The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum is an equal opportunity employer and Drug Free Workplace.